ABOUT THE CHINATOWN PRECINCT ASSOCIATION
The Chinatown Precinct Association Inc. is recognised by the City of Melbourne to promote and market Melbourne’s Chinatown. It conducts a number of activities throughout the year, like The Chinatown Melbourne Market and the God of Prosperity appearances during Chinese New Year celebrations, and also participates in other events like the Asian Food Festival.
The Chinatown Precinct Association Inc. works together with the City of Melbourne to improve the streetscape and infrastructure of Chinatown. Information – mobile: 0418 589 778 or email: email@example.com
To assist in the collective promotion and marketing of Members of the Association within and around the precinct of Melbourne’s Chinatown (bounded by Swanston, Spring, Lonsdale and Bourke Streets) in order to maintain and develop business and goodwill, and to endeavour to improve the welfare and public amenity of the Chinatown area.
WHY JOIN THE ASSOCIATION?
- The Chinatown Precinct Association has been formed to assist in the promotion and marketing of Melbourne Chinatown.
- The Chinatown Precinct Association is recognised by the Melbourne City Council as the Precinct Representative Organization which will assist the Association in promoting the Melbourne Chinatown area.
- Co-ordinated promotional activities are to be developed for Melbourne Chinatown through the Association.
- There are also capital works by the Melbourne City Council for the improvement of Melbourne Chinatown that are being undertaken that need guidance from the Association.
YOUR MEMBERSHIP PARTICIPATION WILL
- Provide a forum for the overall concerns of businesses, Owners of property and Residents in Melbourne Chinatown.
- Assist in the co-ordination of Melbourne Chinatown businesses and other resources to arrange marketing and promotion.
- Enable you to help form the plans for future capital works undertaken by the Melbourne City Council.
- Enable you to be kept up-to-date with developments in the area.